Information on the processing of personal data
Last updated: 19/2/2019
1. Data Controller
The Data Controller for the processing of data belonging to those who consult and interact with the services and functions of the website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) is SRB S.p.a. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”), with registered office in Strada per Fiume Piccolo n° 10 – 72100, Brindisi (BR), Tax ID and VAT 03673640409.
For any information regarding the processing of personal data and for the exercise of the rights referred to in paragraph 7 of this policy, the Data Controller can be contacted at the following address:
2. Type of processed data
With regards to the use of the Site by users and the performance of ordinary business activities, the Company may process the data below:
- Automatic browsing data: data acquired automatically as users browse the website, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, domain names of computers used to visit the Website, addresses of the resources requested in Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) format, various details regarding the requests sent to the Website servers, generic geographical location as indicated by the IP address, and other parameters relating to the user’s operating system and computer system, the transmission of which is inherent to the regular and proper operation of the Internet and the Website itself. This information is not collected to be associated with identified subjects, but by their very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow the subjects to be identified. This data is used by the Company for the sole purpose of ensuring the correct functioning of the Website, and, where necessary, to ascertain and prosecute any perpetrators of unlawful acts committed against the Website and/or its users.
- Data provided voluntarily by the user: data such as names, surnames, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, name of your company, occupation, and any other information provided by Users to the Company when a) sending paper or e-mail correspondence to the addresses indicated on the Website or elsewhere and b) filling out forms published on the Website.
3. Purpose and legal grounds for processing
Personal data is processed by the Company in accordance with the legal bases and purposes indicated below:
- on the basis of consensus, which may be revoked at any time, for the purpose of evaluating applications submitted voluntarily by candidates for any vacancies;
- on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Company, in order to implement and improve the IT services of the Website, to assess the way in which users interact with the Website, to prevent fraud and cyber-crimes against the Company or third parties, to exercise rights in both extrajudicial and judicial fora;
- on the basis of the fulfilment of contractual obligations or pre-contractual measures such as, for example, for the purpose of formulating quotes, providing information on the Company and on the products it buys and sells, finding specific requests from users, evaluating collaborations with suppliers of products and services, managing administrative and accounting fees within the business group of which SRB S.p.a. is a part;
- on the basis of legal or regulatory obligations, for example to carry out anti-money laundering controls or to check for any requests and orders from the Public Authority.
4. Optional provision of data
With the exception of what is reported with regard to automatic navigation data, users are free to provide or not to provide their personal data. Failure to provide the requested information may only make it impossible for the Company to process the requests of users.
5. Data recipients
The Company will be able to transfer users’ personal data to:
- the suppliers of products and services that the Company uses in the context of its business activities, such as web designers for the management and maintenance of the Website, e-mail and cloud services providers, accountants, lawyers, companies or professionals providing IT services, software and hardware administrators;
- companies of the entrepreneurial Group to which SRB S.p.a. belongs for the management of administrative and accounting charges, as well as for the processing of any specific requests from users.
6. Data storing time
The Company will store the data for no longer than the purposes for which it was collected.
7. Rights of data subjects
With regards to the personal data held by the Company, the data subject has the following rights:
- right to revoke consent: this allows the user to obtain the interruption of data processing when the latter is based on the consent of the data subject, unless there exist further and valid legal bases according to which the Company is entitled to continue processing even in the absence of consent;
- right of access: this allows users to know whether is not there is ongoing data processing, personal data held by the Company and, where appropriate, to access such data and information relating to them;
- right to rectification: it allows for the rectification of inaccurate personal data without undue delay and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, for the integration of incomplete personal data;
- right to erasure: the right to obtain the cancellation of data without undue delay (e.g. when personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected), subject to the exceptions provided for by the applicable law (e.g. when data retention is necessary to comply with legal obligations applicable to the Company);
- right to data portability: in certain circumstances provided for by applicable law, this allows users to receive the personal data provided to the Company in a structured, commonly used format, readable on an automatic device;
- right to restrict processing: in certain circumstances provided for by the applicable legislation, it allows users to restrict the processing of personal data. In such cases, the Company may continue to process data only in certain cases, for example to exercise the right of defence or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person;
- right to object to processing: it gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances, unless there are legitimate reasons, rights, or freedoms to allow the Company to continue the processing.
Further more, the data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Authority for the protection of personal data at any time.
Cookie policies are very technical, and few people read them because they are too difficult to understand. Here we try to explain our policy to you in a simple way; in the following paragraphs, instead, we will give you all the semi-incomprehensible technical information that we are legally obligated to provide.
Cookies explained briefly
The SRB website uses technical cookies (required in order for the website to work) and third-party profiling cookies (mainly Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks whose button you can see on our pages).
We do not use our own profiling cookies (i.e. we do not spy on your tastes and actions!).
In addition, we have made Google Analytics cookies anonymous, i.e. cookies we use in order to know how many people visit our site.
Cookies explained according to the law (or at least that’s what we hope!)
Cookies are text files containing codes installed on your navigation device (computer, tablet, smartphone, smart TV, etc.) while browsing with a browser. These text files help us provide the service provided by the website. Some cookies are not used to operate the website, but for different purposes (essentially profiling), and these require the User’s consent.
Technical Cookies and Cookies serving aggregated statistical purposes
The cookies we use are divided into:
Interaction with social networks and external platforms
These services allow you to interact with social networks, or with other external platforms, directly from the website page.
The interactions and information acquired by this Application are in any case subject to the user’s privacy settings for each social network. If a service of interaction with social networks is installed, it is possible that, even if Users do not use it, the service may collect traffic data relating to the pages on which it is installed.
How can I manage the installation of Cookies?
In addition to what stated in this document, Users can manage their Cookie preferences directly in their browser and, for example, prevent third parties from installing them. You can also use your browser preferences to delete any cookies you have installed in the past, including any cookies in which you may have saved this website’s consent to the installation of cookies. It is important to note that by disabling all cookies, you may not be able to operate this website. You can find information on how to manage cookies in your browser at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Windows Explorer, Microsoft Edge.
Without prejudice to the above, the Controller informs that the User may use Your Online Choices. Through this service, you can manage the tracking preferences of most advertising tools. Therefore, the Data Controller advises Users to use this resource in addition to the information provided in this document.